Introduction Of Steroids:
Steroids are types of hormones which are made artificially in the laboratories and work in a similar way like the natural hormones found in the body. When the levels of natural hormones in the body decreases due to any medical condition, doctors prescribe these synthetic forms of steroids to overcome the deficiency. Steroids are meant to reduce the symptoms but they do not permanently cure the condition. The steroids UK are of different types and each type is meant for different purpose.
Classification Of Steroids:
The steroids can be classified into two broad categories which are as follows:
1. Anabolic And Androgenic Steroids
There are certain types of steroids which are in demand all the year by bodybuilders and athletes who want to grow their muscles in size and get a strong physique. Such steroids are known as either anabolic steroids or anabolic and androgenic steroids. They are similar to the male sex hormone testosterone which is made in the body naturally. In some cases, doctors may also prescribe such anabolic steroids to those men who suffer from testosterone deficiency and also to cure certain kinds of cancers and bone loss diseases like AIDS. Some of the common examples of anabolic and androgenic steroids include Anavar, Clenbuterol, Dianabol etc. These anabolic drugs can be used orally or injected into the muscles or can also be applied to the skin in form of patches.
Corticosteroids are such types of synthetic hormones which are meant for reducing inflammation. There are a number of different medical conditions or disease which cause inflammation for example rheumatoid arthritis etc. The corticosteroids come in the form of tablets which can either be taken by mouth or dissolved in fluid or come in the form of injections. They may also be used to cure conditions like gout and lupus and many other autoimmune conditions. Some of the examples include dexamethasone, prednisolone etc.
Uses Of Steroids:
Steroids are used to treat or overcome a number of diseases. They can either permanently cure the condition or temporarily reduce the symptoms. Some of the uses of steroids include the following:
- Steroids can be used for growing muscles.
- Androgenic steroids are effective in cutting cycles and bulking cycles where a person intends to lose fat and get lean muscle mass.
- Anabolic steroids are effectively used to gain strength and improve the performance overall.
- Some forms of steroids are best to deal with bone loss or cure diseases which result in bone loss like HIV, osteoporosis etc.
- There are a number of steroids which are prescribed by the doctors to deal with different types of cancers like prostate cancer, breast cancer etc.
- A number of anabolic steroids help to deal with breathing disorders like asthma.
- Those who suffer from painful joints or achy muscles use steroids as well. The problem of arthritis and frozen shoulder can be treated with different steroids.
- Doctors prescribe different types of steroids for treating multiple sclerosis as well.
- The inflammation of blood vessels which is also known as lupus can also be cured by using steroids.
- Many types of anabolic steroids are prescribed to young boys who suffer from delayed puberty.
Side Effects Of Steroids:
Those who buy steroids UK need to be careful of the side effects which come along with the steroids. It does not mean that everyone who uses steroids either anabolic or corticosteroids will suffer from side effects. If used in proper doses and for short time period, they will not cause side effects. But if used in high doses or in dose which is not prescribed by the doctor, then it will increase the chance of side effects. Common of them include the following:
- Many users suffer from mood changes and depression along with irritability by using anabolic steroids.
- Some types of steroids may also affect the sexual drive of men.
- Some people may find it difficult to sleep by using anabolic steroids.
- Some forms of oral tablets or oral steroids may cause heart burn.
- In some cases, the anabolic steroids may lead to weight gain because of increase in appetite.
- One of the serious side effects of using anabolic steroids is that they can increase the blood sugar level due to which they should be avoided by those who suffer from diabetes or high blood sugar.
- While some of the steroids address the issue of bone loss, some forms may do the opposite. That is their use can weaken the bones or lead to osteoporosis.
- Many people who use anabolic and androgenic steroids in high doses may suffer from high blood pressure as well.
- Thinning of skin is another side effect of anabolic steroids.
In many countries across the world, anabolic steroids are considered as controlled substances due to which they are not easily available it the drug stores or cannot be purchased over the counter. This means a prescription from the doctor is necessary to make the purchase. But those people who use steroids for performance enhancement purposes cannot get a prescription from the doctor due to this they find it difficult to buy the steroids over the counter. But there are many online sellers who offer steroids for sale and do not ask for prescription. One can easily fill their cart with any type of anabolic drug and make payment easily online and get the product delivered at their doorstep.
Although the steroids are an effective way of dealing with different underlying medical conditions, one should try to avoid them as much as possible and instead look at other natural and alternative ways to overcome the issue. Because the steroids can cause a number of side effects and can only give relief for a short term. Moreover many people may become dependent on such steroids which can be harmful for their health. Therefore it is advised to just take such steroids in moderate doses and for limited period of time.